Re: [dwm] minimal communication

From: Neale Pickett <neale_AT_woozle.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:27:23 -0700

Ian Daniher <it.daniher_AT_gmail.com> writes:

> Why do you want to use sic over irssi?

Maybe the guy likes a challenge :)

> irssi is pretty light...

The irssi processes on my multi-user server are currently the second
biggest memory users. Behind them are the web server, the SMTP, IMAP,
and POP3 servers, bitlbee, and even the IRC server!

It certainly isn't anywhere near as heavyweight as, say, pidgin, but I'd
stop short of calling irssi "pretty light". I'm pretty sure it weighs
in heavier than any other text-mode client.

Neale