Re: [dwm] nanox

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:53:30 +0100

2009/5/20 Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com>:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 04:08:07PM +0200, pancake wrote:
>
> Seems interesting, but instead of reinventing the wheel, why don't we just clean
> up X.org and submit patches back upstream? Rewriting/implementing X.org seems li
> ke more work than it's worth, but cleaning up Xorg would be better for everyone.

Unfortunately that's not my intention. I have a completely new WS in
mind, design-wise with no X dependency, just an X legacy support layer
instead. The crucial part of X imho is the hardware support, that's
why I want to stick to xorg-drivers*, just because that's the bit
which can't be done properly without driver experts. X.org can't be
fixed because it consists of all the X10 and X11 legacy we don't want
to carry on in a new WS, we want a different WS, not a state-machine
WS like X. And X.org won't be willing to accept patches which change
its internal behavior radically.

Kind regards,
Anselm