Re: [hackers] [st] startup options

From: Rashad Kanavath <mohammedrashadkm_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:02:03 +0100

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:23 AM, David Phillips <dbphillipsnz_AT_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Me, I use dvtm(1) instead of tmux, and I only have my dwm config set
> to run st with a dvtm session inside. This way, I can manually start
> st without dvtm by asking for `st` from dmenu or another terminal. I
> suppose it's a matter of personal taste, but when I run 'st' I don't
> want dvtm or tmux. If I want them I'll ask for them by specifying such
> (but I know this goes against the OP's question), or by pressing the
> appropriate dwm hotkey

Mainly I want scroll when compiling. It print a lot of information and
warnings. And I want to read them clearly without interrupting my
compilation. Other than that I don't use scrolling much.

ofcourse, i can redirect std err to a log file and see it. But when I run
"make" I need to redirect it to a file and then tail that file. I would be
glad if there is some other workaround.

--
Regards,
   Rashad