Re: [hackers] [st] Persistent clipboard patch RFC

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 16:51:51 +0200

Greetings.

On Wed, 04 May 2016 16:51:51 +0200 Alex Pilon <alp_AT_alexpilon.ca> wrote:
> Occasionally I found myself wanting to paste stuff from an st instance I
> just closed, so I wrote the attached. I'll clean it up later and post to
> the wiki, probably use fork() and pipe() directly instead of popen so
> that I can bypass the shell, maybe #ifdef instead of using an int.
>
> I'm sure people'll object to using posix_spawn and linking against
> librt, so I'll leave it at fork.

Thanks for proposing the patch.

For me the patch is a bit too hackish, since xclip will keep up a
process and this might cause too many useless processes hanging around.
This is rather a hack for a feature the X11 architecture is missing for
you.

You can add it to the wiki.

For the final decision I’m waiting for the opinion of k0ga. He said on
IRC, that he will review your patch tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann