Re: [hackers] [slock] Fix my previous commit and some light refactoring

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:56:02 +0200

> Heyho Quentin,
Hi Markus,

> in the commit message you mentioned spawning slock from other GUI
> applications via keybindings as the case where it won't work. If this
> is the only case, I think it would be cleaner to add a command line
> switch where the user can specify a wait time and after this timeout
> it is only tried once to grab mouse and keyboard.
Well, I mentioned this one as an example (dwm does that), but there may
be other use cases we don't think about yet.
I did it that way to restore the original behaviour, fixing my hurried
code modifications.
My preference would have been to completely remove the waiting
behaviour outside of slock and maybe provide a simple shell script
wrapper like sleep 1; slock.
Another solution (as discussed with FRIGN) would have been to force
other applications to ungrab input before trying to grab it, but I
don't really like this intrusive behaviour.
I didn't think about your proposition, maybe that's good.
But I'd see it more as a config.h parameter than a command flag
parameter.

What do you think?