Re: [hackers] [slock] Fix my previous commit and some light refactoring

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 15:05:09 +0200

Quentin Rameau wrote:
> My preference would have been to completely remove the waiting behaviour
> outside of slock and maybe provide a simple shell script wrapper like sleep 1;
> slock. Another solution (as discussed with FRIGN) would have been to force
> other applications to ungrab input before trying to grab it, but I don't
> really like this intrusive behaviour. I didn't think about your proposition,
> maybe that's good. But I'd see it more as a config.h parameter than a command
> flag parameter.

Heyho Quentin,

I don't think a config.h variable is the best option. When starting slock from
the terminal the problem does not occur, so you don't want a timeout in this
case. For key bindings it's easy to just pass a command line flag. Therefore I
favor a shell wrapper or the direct command line flag, while I think the direct
flag approach is best, since it's job (waiting) can be done from C as easily as
it would be in a shell wrapper, but it avoid one extra layer of complexity.

--Markus