Re: [hackers] [slock] Fix my previous commit and some light refactoring

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 15:12:29 +0200

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 15:05:09 +0200
Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:

Hey Markus,

> I don't think a config.h variable is the best option. When starting
> slock from the terminal the problem does not occur, so you don't want
> a timeout in this case. For key bindings it's easy to just pass a
> command line flag. Therefore I favor a shell wrapper or the direct
> command line flag, while I think the direct flag approach is best,
> since it's job (waiting) can be done from C as easily as it would be
> in a shell wrapper, but it avoid one extra layer of complexity.

we are discussing an edge-case here. Retrying for 600ms is after a lot
of consideration definitely the best way.
I also checked the possibility of force ungrabbing the grab by other
applications using XF86Ungrab, but it doesn't work.
If it had worked, a possibility would've been to wait indefinitely
after forcefully ungrabbing input; so we just wait for the user to
release his keys (if it takes 2 seconds or whatever, say Mr. Plinkett
uses his Linux box :P).

Cheers

FRIGN

--