Re: [hackers] [sbase] [patch] cp: add -i flag

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 13:12:40 +0100

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 13:22:32 +0000
Thomas Mannay <audiobarrier_AT_openmailbox.org> wrote:

Hey Thomas,

> Ah, I had forgotten to add fs.h to the commit. Added it in this time.
>
> I fixed the behaviour of newline as you pointed out. Should all be in
> order.

we generally frown upon interactive modes for these tools. Does your
hammer ask you every time before you hit a nail?

Joke aside, I do not favor this patch for this reason. If a user sends
off a command and overwrites files he didn't want to be overwritten, he
should've checked his usage beforehand.

Cheers

Laslo

--