Re: [hackers] [st] Refactoring (-61 lines)

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 23:25:35 +0200

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:11:22 -0500
"Devin J. Pohly" <djpohly_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Devin,

> Some refactoring on the st codebase, reducing it by 61 lines and
> establishing cleaner separation between st.c and x.c. There are 28
> fewer extern variables, and <X11/*> and X-specific types are now
> included only in x.c.
>
> These commits move code between st.c and x.c, adjusting the
> linkage/storage modifiers or headers as needed.
>
> Notable change is patch 17/23, which migrates the config.h include
> from st.c to x.c, since most of the configuration variables were only
> used there.

this is very impressive work! Word came up sometimes that the rendering
and terminal emulation in st were in dire need of a better separation,
also in the interest of starting to unfiddle the spaghetti code we have
in there.

These patches are a big step in that direction, nice work!

With best regards

Laslo

--
Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>