[hackers] Re[2]: [hackers] Re: [hackers][new tool][gcrypt]

From: Գասպար Վարդանյան <gaspar.vardanyan.mailbox_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 17:25:03 +0300

>Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:12 PM +03:00 from Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>:

>On Thu, Feb 20, 2020, at 07:38, Գասպար Վարդանյան wrote:
>> Thank you for advices.
>> - Yes, I’m sure that it’s the correct way to build something, but I don’t know makefile’s language, I’ll learn it and try to write a Makefile for gcrypt.
>
>Try to use standard makefiles, stay away from GNU extensions. I like (Plan 9) mk [1][2] a lot; it is smaller and simpler than other make implementations; however, it does not seem to be common on suckless projects--maybe because it's not POSIX standard.
Thank you for advice. I don’t use any extensions. I even have aliased cc to "gcc -std=c18 -pedantic-errors -Werror=pedantic -Wall -Wextra" in my .zshrc. I prefer to use gcc, because gcc’s generated executable are faster, but also I have local built of tcc configured with musl-libc ))

Thank you. I’ll try it. I like Suckless’ philosophy. Basically I follow these principles when coding:  https://github.com/GasparVardanyan/principles

--
Գասպար Վարդանյան