Re: [hackers] [dwm][patch] Make EWMH windows float

From: Jakub Leszczak <gmaxardis_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 19:17:00 +0200

> (...) except that it would be better to handle this before rules get applied (...)

updatewindowtype() also handles fullscreen and runs setfullscreen().
setfullscreen() in turn sets `c->isfloating = 1`, and oldx, oldbw etc.
And so setfullscreen() cannot be moved before applyrules(), setting of
c->{x,y,bw} and configure().

This would require to extract setfullscreen() outside of
updatewindowtype(). This actually might be a good thing since
setfullscreen() is connected strictly with WMState, not WMWindowType.
And if I understand code correctly toggling fullscreen is done via
clientmessage() and not via propertynotify() -> updatewindowtype()
anyway.

I am not 100% sure though if I am correct.

Br,
Jakub Leszczak