Re: [hackers] [svkbd] [merge request] various patches for svkbd

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 14:37:26 +0100

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 02:03:05PM +0100, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> On 21-03-19 09:23, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> > > Thanks for the work.
> > >
> > > I've reviewed the patches. In general it looks good, but I've found a few
> > > issues. Can you resend them to the mailinglist, then me (and possibly others
> > > too of course) can respond inline which is the way we like to manage and review
>
> > Thanks! Sure, no problem. I'll send them all to the mailing list.
> > Looking forward to your feedback.
>
> I wonder if the svkbd patches I submitted last week arrived properly and if you
> have the opportunity to look at them soon?
>
> (I only see 2 of the 24(!) patches in the mailing list archives, there
> may be some caught in a filter?)
>
> Once possible issues are resolved and things are merged we'd like a new
> svkbd release tag (0.3.0) so I can pick up the packaging end for Alpine
> Linux and we can subsequently do our sxmo 1.4.0 release, for which the
> new svkbd is a major dependency.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Maarten van Gompel
>
> proycon_AT_anaproy.nl
> https://proycon.anaproy.nl
> https://github.com/proycon
>
> GnuPG key: 0x39FE11201A31555C
> XMPP: proycon_AT_anaproy.nl Matrix: @proycon:matrix.anaproy.nl
> Telegram: proycon IRC: proycon (freenode)
> Mastodon: https://social.anaproy.nl/_AT_proycon (_AT_proycon_AT_social.anaproy.nl)
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/proycon

Hi Maarten,

They arrived properly. I've read most of the patches. It's a bulk of patches
so please give me some time to review it.

Some quick notes (will write it more detailed later):

- Add an util function estrdup() and check all memory allocations.
- Theres a warning about a ShiftMask macro (clang on OpenBSD).
- Change to a consistent code-style and trailing white-space/TAB issues.
- The commit "fixed double free error" also changed the Makefile (added -g).

--
Kind regards,
Hiltjo