Re: [wmii] Question about column layout

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:12:28 +0100

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 03:11:39PM +0100, Jonas Pfenniger wrote:
> The last snap I tried, you could only create a new column with an
> existing window. Empty columns didn't exist because if you detach or
> close the last window it closes itself.
>
> You could use the same principle for new pages. When you create the new
> page, it uses the selected window. And when you close the window, the
> page is deleted.

I thought about this from time to time already, but I'm not sure
it is a good idea. The most important problem which occures
might be, that you cannot simple create an empty page, apply
floating layout and run some broken app. You'd always end up in
creating a new page, reapplying a layout etc.

A faster way might be, creating pages with a specific layout.
Also, many people aim to have special windows on specific pages
once they get used to the WM. I normally run most important
stuff on page 1 and other stuff in other pages (ie ff in page 2
normally). But dunno, maybe we should give your proposal a try.

Regards,