Re: [wmii] snap: 20060705

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:21:51 -0400

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 08:47:28PM +0400, Alexander Polakov wrote:
>That's very fine, I like Plan9 but it has too few apps. But do you think you
>can really achieve the goal? I think it's rather difficult with X. And you
>mean I would be able to select "term" anywhere, click the mouse and see term?
>And what about plumber? And if ever wm supports it, apps (gtk,qt,x) don't.
>Btw is there any apps behaving like Plan9ish (meaning they're snarfable)?
I think you misunderstand. The behavior of the WM and the apps distributed
with it (wmiimenu) are to behave much like Plan 9. You'll be able to plumb the
word term and deal with it as you wish. Other apps, aside from the plan9port
ones, will not support Plan 9-ish behaviour, though you will (as you've been
able to for some time) be able to select text in them and plumb it using
wmiipsel.

The point here, though, is to be able to snarf or plumb any text that the WM
gives you, including window titles, tags, and status information (or, where
appropriate, to edit it).

--
Kris Maglione
A big rock has to be chipped away.