Re: [wmii] snap: 20060705

From: Alexander Polakov <polachok_AT_narod.ru>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:47:28 +0400

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:07:35 -0400
Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net> wrote:
> The idea is basically stolen from Plan 9: all text should be snarfable
> (selectable/copyable), plumbable and it should be editable where it seems fit.
> Ideally, in wmii-4, everything you can do by keyboard shortcuts, you'll be
> able to do with the keyboard and mouse (i.e. sans shortcuts), and you'll be
> able to snarf/plumb any text in the wm. Editing of the tag bar will most
> likely be handled by wmiirc through events, as will plumbing. The acme paper
> (http://cm.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/acme.html) is a good place to start if you
> want the 'philosiphy' behind it. (The plumbing paper, in the same directory,
> wouldn't hurt either).
That's very fine, I like Plan9 but it has too few apps. But do you think you can really
achieve the goal? I think it's rather difficult with X. And you mean I would be able to
select "term" anywhere, click the mouse and see term? And what about plumber?
And if ever wm supports it, apps (gtk,qt,x) don't. Btw is there any apps behaving
like Plan9ish (meaning they're snarfable)?