Re: [wmii] Solved: How to set default mode to max?

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:05:12 +0100

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:28:30 +0100
Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net> wrote:

> Hello Timo Benk on Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 07:08:56PM CET, you wrote:
> > Timo Benk wrote:
> > > Is it possible to set the default layout to max mode instead of
> > > tiled?
> > OK, i got it by myself:
> >
> > CreateTag)
> > xwrite /tag/$parms/ctl colmode sel max
>
> But this seems to work only for the first column created, all
> subsequently created columns (e.g. via colrules) will render clients
> in the default mode, which is tiled.
>
> Is there already a way to set the default mode for newly created
> columns?
>
> If not generated 'CreateColumn' and 'DestroyColumn' events similar to
> the 'CreateTag' and 'DestroyTag' events could be used to achieve the
> desired behaviour.
> As an example the attached patch sets the mode on every newly created
> column to stack.

Yes, that is true. Wmii lacks some events to make it fully scriptable.
They are pretty cheap and I'll add some of them, so that in the end
we'll have (new ones marked with +):

        CreateClient
        ClientFocus
        DestroyClient +

        LeftBarClick
        RightBarClick
        ClientClick

        Key

        CreateColumn +
        FocusColumn +
        DestroyColumn +

        CreateTag
        UnfocusTag
        FocusTag
        DestroyTag

I'll also change the spec for 3.7 accordingly. The concept is going to
change completely for wmii-4 though, but that's not an issue for now.

Greetings
Denis