Re: [wmii] Idle Detection Feature Proposal

From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jeremy_AT_jeremyms.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:47:16 -0500

Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net> writes:

> [snip]

> I have no idea whether the event loops used in wmii or libixp support
> idle detection or not. I'll have a look if someone that knows the wmii
> and libixp code by heart points me to a location where I could start
> digging.

Merely relying on WMII events to determine idleness may lead to
undesirable results. WMII may not receive any events while the user is
typing away to a particular client. There is the MIT Screen Saver
extension, which might be of some use. Alternatively, you could see
what sort of hacks xscreensaver uses to detect idleness.

--
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard