Re: [wmii] Preparation for 3.7 Release.

From: David Morris <lists_AT_morris-clan.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 19:25:26 -0600

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 01:04:41PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems time for another release. I'm going to update wmiirc, and fix
> some outstanding bugs. This is a good time to report any issues you're
> been having, and to comment on any issues you'd really like to see fixed.

Issue #19 submitted to the bug tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/wmii/issues/detail?id=19

Text of the report:

First off, I fully admit this is a bug in applications not
WMII, however it is one which I feel any window manager
should be able to work around:

A common bug, particularly in configuration dialogs, is to
assume more space will be available than actually is
available. For example, a configuration dialog hard-coded
at 600 pixels in height but displayed on an Asus EEE PC
which has a display 800x480. No scrollbars on the window,
bottom portion cannot be viewed.

In the floating layer, such dialog windows get the maximum
height of the screen, and anything beyond that height is
simply chopped off, even if the window is moved up and an
attempt is made to resize the window with the mouse. In the
managed layout layer, behavior is unpredictable, but never
good....portions of the dialog are always missing.

If such windows could simply be resized to larger than the
actual screen height, this would be sufficient to make such
fixed-height dialogs usable.

--David