Re: [dev] [wmii] New guide in hg

From: Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:41:18 +0200

On Sat, 23 May 2009 22:15:56 -0400
Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've started writing a new guide/reference for wmii. It's in hg
> under doc/wmii.pdf. Unfortunately, my usual proof readers think
> it's written in Greek, so I'd appreciate any comments,
> suggestions, or corrections from anyone interested in looking
> over it.
>
> Thanks,

Well it looks quite complete and thorough.
Here are some notes:

1.1 concepts
under "Managed", maybe you could briefly mention tiled an stacked. (i
know they are explained later on, but mentioning them could be useful)

1.1.1
I would add:
The virtual filesystem is not persistent and is recreated everytime
wmii is launched. You should programatically redo the changes you want
to apply everytime you start wmii.

2.1.1
familiar to most "years" ?

2.1.4 "sloppy focus" ? maybe add 'aka "focus follows mouse" '

3. i always wondered how wmii parses/executes the "sh syntax" stuff,
but maybe explaining the internals is not the goal of this document.

Dieter