Re: [dev] uzbl

From: Julien Laffaye <kimelto_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 18:49:11 +0200

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be> wrote:
> About the gtk dependency -> http://www.uzbl.org/faq.php
The GTK dependency is understendable for a graphical browser.
All we can regret is that it comes with glib (but as it's here, it's
normal to use it in a gtk app).

> About the other concerns:
> 1) patches welcome
> 2) they are _EXAMPLE_ scripts. feel free to write posix sh alternatives
> (hell, several or them are posix sh already but just have the wrong
> shebang. it's just that noone corrected it yet)
It would make me feel beeeeeeetter if you can make these shebang changes.
Ok they are exemples but if someone want to try uzbl, those scripts
must be usable to get an idea of what he can do with such a browser.
Certainly, he is free to change/write his own scripts, but its an
instant gratification on the first launch.

> 3) Thanks for the kind words...
> 4) Last time I checked, I was not retarded.
Obviously you are not ;-)