Re: [dev] uzbl

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:22:58 +0200

[2009-05-24 11:31] Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net>

> Writing an html renderer is not a simple task, so I understand the
> decision to use an existing one (webkit) rather than set out to write a
> new, suckless one.

If this is possible at all. The current web technology requires
complex software to render the pages. Fred Brooks [0] calls this
``essential difficulties'' -- ones that you can not avoid because the
problem itself is that complex. Thus, if you want to render web pages
as they are common today, you'll need complex software.

The problem is not the complex implementations, but how web pages look
like today.

meillo

[0] Fred Brooks: No Silver Bullet