Re: [dev] dwm: XComposite patch

From: Jeremy Jay <dinkumator_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:34:37 -0400

On Thu 04 Jun 2009 - 03:55PM, thomasspurden_AT_gmail.com wrote:
> On 16:07 Thu 04 Jun , pancake wrote:
> > isn't meta-0 the exposee you are looking for? didnt check your patch but
> > I prefer not to depend on composite or gl extensions that never work fine
>
> Thanks, but meta-0 is not what I am looking for; when I have a cluttered
> X session:
> 1) I can't actually see much of the individual windows
> 2) Any floating windows (gimp etc.) occlude the windows underneath
> 3) Selecting and jumping to one of the windows is a pain

I must be missing something here.... You're using dwm, but you're using
the tags as virtual screens instead of tags? The whole point of tiling
window managers like dwm is that you don't have to do window management
(ie expose-like features)... If you have too many windows on your tags,
add more tags! If you can't find a window then you're doing it wrong.

I suggest kicking your virtual-screen habits and using it as it was
intended, you'll save yourself a lot of time and effort.

Jeremy