Re: Re: Re: [dev] dwm: XComposite patch

From: <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 19:44:19 +0000

On 2009-06-04 9:34am, Jeremy Jay <dinkumator_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I must be missing something here.... You're using dwm, but you're using
> the tags as virtual screens instead of tags? The whole point of tiling
> window managers like dwm is that you don't have to do window management
> (ie expose-like features)... If you have too many windows on your tags,
> add more tags! If you can't find a window then you're doing it wrong.

To each their own. Many dwm'ers use monocle by default due to limited
screen resolution and/or personal preference. There is no right or wrong
way to use this software--particularly when one is willing to code their
own solutions.

Tom, thanks for sharing!

PS: Sorry for the off-list email, Jeremy--gmail doesn't respect the
reply-to address when access via iGoogle.