[dev] dwm development continues NOW

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:01:27 +0100

Hi,

I received my long awaited X200s yesterday, and the dwm development
will continue now, first item in the queue is the new multihead
support as discussed on IRC a while ago.

The basic idea is to use the available Xinerama screens as mutual
exclusive additional tagset for clients, so that each client will be
assigned to a specific screen at a time (if it's moved in a floating
fashion, it belongs to the screen of its centerpoint). There'll be two
new functions: setscreen and focusscreen. The bar can be toggled to
the focused Xinerama screen, if required, but there'll be only one
bar. The bar will display the available screens and highlight the
focused screen as well...

Afterwards the next item will be the interface integration to enable
different drawing backends, which will ease porting to cairo/pango or
xft as well. The advantage is, that the same interface will be used in
st and dmenu as well. This is basically the remainder of my
unpublished libtg efforts.

Kind regards,
Anselm