Re: [dev] [off topic] Suckless (*NIX|*BSD) Distribution?

From: Thayer Williams <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:33:23 -0700

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Robert Corsaro<rcorsaro_AT_optaros.com> wrote:
> I preidct another round of annoying UNSUBSCRIBE emails.  Sorry for top posting,  I'm on a blackberry.

Meh I think the OP posed a question that many of us have been
pondering--this is the good kind of off-topic subject...so long as it
doesn't turn into a gentoo vs. everything else discussion.

FWIW I use/love Arch, but I'm biased. I distro hopped for a couple
years before that, but haven't felt the itch since. It's hard to go
anywhere else once you've experienced the rolling release model,
i686/64 optimized packages, and slackware-like attitude to vanilla
packaging. The BSD-style init scripts and ports-like build system is
just gravy on the top.