Re: [dev] Suckless (*NIX|*BSD) Distribution?

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:02:22 +0200

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:59:28 +0200
Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hah! If only, last I tried to use ubuntu had to waste almost a whole
> day trying to get ACPI to work on my thinkpad, I got so feed up with
> it that I installed Windows XP.

When was last time? Which version? Old versions were not good to say
the least. I have installed Ubuntu on 5 completely different machines
all from laptop to desktop and I have had no hickups. For desktop
usage, I like how Ubuntu utilizes the Debian system and makes it desktop
friendly. Debian has always had (I have not tested Lenny) a server
approach.

After using Linux for 14 years (starting with Slackware, then RedHat,
Debian and now finally Ubuntu) I'm happy to get a system
where I do not need to spend lot of time mocking about with
configuration files, but rather enables me to be productive at what I
want to do/develop.

If one is a admin nutcase sure one wants something low level as
slackware or worse... ;-p

--
Preben