Re: [dev] surf: web browser on archlinux

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:07:25 +0200

On 7/3/09, Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> to go, at the moment I really like Net-Surf
> http://www.netsurf-browser.org/ it is the only browser around written
> in a sane language that doesn't depend on any braindead toolkit and
> has the potential to be usable.

answering from netsurf..
* feels a bit faster than ff, but has rendering issues
* gtk backend is not complete yet (no copy paste, textarea cannot be
scrolled with mouse, very limited preferences..)
* pango unicode font rendering still sucks (scrolling ja.wikipedia.org
== 100% cpu)
* code base is not small (>300KLOC ansic, lots of libs)
* able to export page as pdf (wtf?)
* css support is fairly complete, no .js
* i've just managed to crash it
* ^W ^U.. does not work ;)

i don't think it's a viable alternative