Re: [dev] surf: web browser on archlinux

From: Claudio M. Alessi <smoppy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:09:33 +0200

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 05:59:01PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
> You guess wrong.
Since your problem is a correct behave of ^W an such "unix" shortcuts I think
I guessed right.

> This is a bug and a sign of how much FireFox sucks.
You are likely right; though it's obvious that you can still *fully* customize
it as you like (or, there are no browsers around which can satisfy you as
FireFox does, speaking about UI of course).

> Actually, that is impossible, FireFox is fundamentally incompatible with the
> kind of software that I want.
As far as I can tell, FireFox is incompatible with the kind of software
everybody here want. Though it's the only one which can fit everyone needs ATM.

> The design of Chrome is a bit closer to sanity, but still a long way to go,
> at the moment I really like Net-Surf http://www.netsurf-browser.org/ it is
> the only browser around written in a sane language that doesn't depend on any
> braindead toolkit and has the potential to be usable.
I'll never going to use a web browser which I'm not able to install on
GNU/Linux and NetBSD (or any other unix-like OS) with the same ease. Also the
UI is very important for me, often more than efficiency. I can't use a browser
which don't allow me to have a customizable UI like Vim which, for istance on
X11 only the VIMperator extension of FireFox does. Further releases of Chrome
will likely (and hopefully) change my POV about.

Regards,
Claudio M. Alessi

--
JID: smoppy AT gmail.com