Re: [dev] number of visible windows?

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:49:13 -0500

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Preben Randhol<randhol_AT_pvv.org> wrote:
> So what you are saying is that if a problem is making the code more
> complex one define that this is not a problem and ignore it?

Yes.

> It is like saying all chemical/physical models should be ideal and sod
> the real world if the simulations don't add up to reality.

This is, in fact, how science progresses. Cf. the ideal gas law, in fact.

> What I want is not the smallest neatest code that doesn't model the
> problem-space and is semi-usable. That is not a suckless code (well
> except for the programmer)

If you require weird functional acrobatics to manage your workflow,
the problem probably isn't the window manager.

> This said I'm perfectly happy with having patches that
> add the per-tag functionality.

And this is the right answer. Keep the window manager small and
ideal, and let people do bizarre things to it outside of the main
tree.

--
# Kurt H Maier