Re: [dev] sup mail client

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:08:17 +0100

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:09:27PM +0200, pancake wrote:
> I have recently read this post and got interest on trying sup:
>
> http://cworth.org/sup/a-mail-client-for-geeks/
>
> Does somebody already tried? I have installed with:
>
> sudo gem install sup
>
> And i'm going to start playing with it, but a part from the nice
> features I read, I can't avoid thinking on reimplementing it in
> a suckless way :) It's nice to see new concepts on the mail platform,
> but I certainly see nothing new (because Gmail already did it), but
> it's nice to see it as in Free Software.

I've tried using it, if I didn't already have a big archive of old mails
that I need to refer to and you are starting up a new account its
probably worth trying out.

generating the ferret db's for an existing set of mbox's or mdir's is a
pain in the ass and takes a while. in general i found sup to be a buggy
and just crashes occassionaly. I ended up going back to mutt 1.5.x

jimmy

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,