Re: [dev] sup mail client

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:35:03 -0500

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Jimmy Tang<jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie> wrote:
> I've tried using it, if I didn't already have a big archive of old mails
> that I need to refer to and you are starting up a new account its
> probably worth trying out.
>
> generating the ferret db's for an existing set of mbox's or mdir's is a
> pain in the ass and takes a while. in general i found sup to be a buggy
> and just crashes occassionaly. I ended up going back to mutt 1.5.x

My experience with sup was basically the same. Also after a a while
the hands-off approach it takes to your 'real' mailbox can be
annoying; you'll have to log in with another client or something and
1,450 "new" messages will be waiting for you. I used sup for several
months, now I'm back to mutt 1.5 series.

--
# Kurt H Maier