Re: [dev] suckless @ conferences?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:05:44 +0100

2009/8/25 Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be>:
> Hey,
> do any of the surf/wmii/.. hackers attend conferences?

Yes I do occasionally -- but my strategy is combining the conference
excuse with some nice location ;) So conferences at locations I
haven't been to have a higher probability that I might attend than
conferences that always happen at the same place and the same time. I
used to attend CCC "kind of" regularly, but I won't continue going
there -- too political imho.

Another plan is doing our own suckless conference later this year in
Nov, for a long weekend or a week at some nice Mediterranean island
like Cyprus. Such a con would be rather self organised and small,
though it would need to fit into some rented house/finka location,
perhaps with a swimming pool, and a decent internet connection for the
participants.

Kind regards,
Anselm