[dev][dwm] Matlab (2008b) and tiling

From: Zhengning Jiang <zhengtonic_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:55:27 +0200

Hi,

i wonder if you guys know a fix for my problem. I use matlab with dwm a lot
and i just
love how dwm tiles the my matlab windows (debug, code, help). But the
problems starts if i run matlab code
which creates its own window (e.g. ... figure; imshow(plot);). All the other
windows break out of the tiling window order.
The result is 1 tiled window with serveral other floating windows above ...
I already tried fixes like: "wmname LG3D" or export "AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit"
... didn't work :/

Surely i am not the only matlab users in the dwm community. How do you guys
'arrange' matlab?

Best regards,

zhengtonic