Re: [dev][dwm] Matlab (2008b) and tiling

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:44:20 +0200

On 9/8/09, Zhengning Jiang <zhengtonic_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> love how dwm tiles the my matlab windows (debug, code, help). But the
> problems starts if i run matlab code
> which creates its own window (e.g. ... figure; imshow(plot);). All the other
> windows break out of the tiling window order.
> The result is 1 tiled window with serveral other floating windows above ...

i fought enough with matlab under dwm but i don't remember this phenomenon
(un)fortunately i cannot try it now as i don't have matlab at hand

as for annoying figures, i usually forced them to dock by starting my
scripts with

close all
set(0, 'DefaultFigureWindowStyle', 'docked')

i occasionally tried to use matlab from cmdline (matlab -nodisplay or
matlab -nodesktop -nosplash) but the terminal handling of the
interpreter is horrible (no readline support)