Re: [dev] wmii: fullscreen window, new window becomes floating?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:58:58 -0400

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:09:10PM +0200, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>Thanks Kris,
>but:
>if my current layout is fullscreen, why doesn't the new window become
>fullscreen as well? (instead it takes up about 1/4th of my screen)

I can't see a reason for the new window to be fullsceen unless
it requests it. New windows in floating mode get whichever size
they request. If you want them fullscreen, press Mod-f. I tend
to open terminals over fullscreen windows fairly often, and the
current arrangement works perfectly for me.

>what do i have to do to spawn new windows but have them not focused?
>("almost" in your point 4) or keep the current window the top of the
>stack, always? even when spawning new windows?

Currently, new windows from an existing group aren't focused
unless a window from that group is focused. Now that you mention
it, though, I think I'll disable it before the next alpha. It
seems to cause more trouble than it solves. Other than that, new
windows (except for splash windows and docks) are always focused
and raised.

--
Kris Maglione
We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: