Re: [dev] [ANN] Ruby (Rumai) based wmiirc now distributed with wmii

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:52:37 -0700

Suraj Kurapati wrote:
> I will move my eccentric setup to a "personal" branch on GitHub and
> merge your patches onto my GitHub master branch.

I went further to replicate the stock sh wmiirc functionality for your
convenience, and ended up with the following organization:

    # choose
    cd ~/.wmii-hg
    git checkout -b CHOICE --track # possible choices are:

    +--------+------------------------------------------------+
    | CHOICE | DESCRIPTION |
    +--------+------------------------------------------------+
    | dvorak | sunaku's personal configuration; DSK friendly! |
    | qwerty | QWERTY port of sunaku's personal configuration |
    | strict | port of the default wmiirc shipped with wmii |
    | master | barebones template for starting from scratch |
    +--------+------------------------------------------------+

The 'strict' branch can be directly rolled into the next wmii release.
 It's currently missing the Mod1-Control-t functionality to
disable/enable all shortcuts. I'll be adding that soon.

The 'master' branch has a blank config.yaml file (with documentation).

The 'dvorak' branch is what I use daily. It has the MPD integration.

The 'qwerty' branch is the same as the 'dvorak' branch, plus my lame
attempts to guess what key bindings QWERTY users are comfortable with
(it's been too long since I was a QWERTY user... I don't know
anymore!). Please feel free to improve and submit back.

Cheers.