Re: [dev] wmii: Question on wmiirc_local.py

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:15:51 -0400

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 12:21:57AM +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
> - pygmi has to be imported into wmiirc_local.py. This should be
> documented somewhere.

I rather thought that would be a given. Very rarely does a
python script start with special variables or modules in its
namespace, even when it's meant as a plugin. I suppose I may as
well mention it, though.

> - Cannot undefine monitor functions defined in wmiirc.py. Or am I missing
> something? I don't want to see the load.

This is what I use:

     @defmonitor(colors=wmii['focuscolors'], name='time')
     def timemon(self):
         return time.strftime('%H:%M:%S %Z')
     @defmonitor(interval=60)
     def s9date(self):
         return time.strftime('%a, %d %b')
     monitors['load'].active = False
     @defmonitor
     def s5load(self):
         return ' '.join(open('/proc/loadavg').read().split(' ')[:3])

Alternatively, you can just define another monitor named load,
and it will overwrite the original.

> Find attached my wmiirc_local.py and a screenshot showing the odd colors.

Thanks, I'll do something about that, but it's not an especially
easy fix.

>I'd be glad if you could also have a look at issue 132, which is kind of
>annoying.

Sorry, I think I may have replied to the issue mail, which
points to a black hole. Anyway, it works fine for me, and I need
to know if there's any output from python when you try to run
the menus. Also, are you sure which revision it stops working
on? If so, can you post the revision hash rather than the local
revision number? The latter can vary from system to system, and
the one you posted has no changes to the python wmiirc.

--
Kris Maglione
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.