Re: [dev] Local vs global variables

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:25:35 +0100

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Robert C Corsaro <rcorsaro_AT_optaros.com> wrote:
> Kris Maglione wrote:

>>> A fundamentalist? Just like the suckless folks? :-D
>>>

>> Very true.
>>

> There are fundamentalists the are wrong, and fundamentalists that are
> correct.  I _always_ choose the correct ones because choosing the incorrect
> ones would be stupid.

The only thing that really matters is to 1) know your limitations 2)
recognize it when you find that you were wrong about something.

It is no secret that once I thought XML and OO were great, but that is
precisely why now I can much more strongly state that they are total
worthless bullshit that should *never* be used.

This is why I like garbeam, even despite our many disagreements, and
that he usually denies that he could be wrong for a long time,
eventually he almost always recognizes it when he was wrong, and
learns from his mistakes.

Changing your mind (*in the face of new evidence or understanding!*)
is not something to be ashamed of, it is something everyone should be
proud of.

uriel