Re: [dev] a suckless computer algebra system

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:51:21 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 09:46:40AM +0100, Christoph Dibak wrote:
>But is there a sort of replacement for maple? Does any less-sucking or
>open-source software support the maple-worksheet (.mw) format?

Don't Maple worksheets, by definition, suck more? At least,
that's my impression of anything based on a Java UI (with an
admittedly nice lispy core). The Sage notebook is meant as a
replacement for a Maple-ish UI, and there's always wxMaxima
along with the TeXmacs and emacs frontends to Maxima. I
occasionally use TeXmacs or wxMaxima, but not in any way
resembling a Maple worksheet.

--
Kris Maglione
It is best to read the weather forecast before praying for rain.