Re: [dev] wmiirc + gnome-settings-daemon + xmodmap

From: Armando Di Cianno <armando_AT_goodship.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:03:24 -0500

FWIW, here's my .gtkrc-2.0, and .gtkrc.mine

~/.gtkrc-2.0
###
include "/home/fafhrd/.themes/Darkilouche/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

include "/home/fafhrd/.gtkrc.mine
###

This loads a default theme for gtk apps, and allows me to load my own
whatnot in ~/.gtkrc.mine

~/.gtkrc.mine
###
gtk-icon-theme-name="Neu"
gtk-icon-sizes="gtk-menu=16,16:\
                gtk-button=16,16:\
                gtk-small-toolbar=16,16:\
                gtk-large-toolbar=16,16:\
                gtk-dnd=16,16:\
                gtk-dialog=16,16"
gtk-toolbar-style = GTK_TOOLBAR_ICONS

gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"

style "font"
{
        font_name = "Sans 8"
}
widget_class "*" style "font"
gtk-font-name = "Sans 8"
###

Here I change the gtk app icon theme, first. Then I change the key
theme to "Emacs" -- this also Ctrl-K and whatnot that I'm used to in
gtk apps. This /doesn't/ change modifier keys and whatnot, but you
can probably figure that out, if you checkout the theme definitions,
or just use xmodmap (that's what I do). Then, I change the fonts for
gtk apps.

Basically, this is enough for me to enjoy my experience as I phase out gtk apps.

Cheers,
__armando