Re: [dev] [OFFTOPIC] Recommended meta-build system

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:54:12 +0000

On 1 February 2010 11:45, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:

>>> People are retards that should get a life, and developers that can't
>>> pick bearable colors should not pick colors (just ask for advice from
>>> an artists as Rob did for acme and rio). Layout algorithms are more an
>>> intrinsic part of the application and should not be considered 'an
>>> option' (and configuring them via a .h file is plain idiotic),
>>> shortcuts are part of the UI which should be sane and consistent.
>>>

>> Well if you ask artists they will come up with gradients, translucency
>> and other bullshit. I think the default color scheme in dwm is great.
>>

> I hate it ;) The radioactive blue and white burns my eyes. I use black,
> gray and orange.

Well it is very similar to the color scheme of Norton Commander,
Windows 3.x, Windows 95 and Windows XP with the classic UI. I think
that blue/grey/white is the most widespread default color scheme. And
following the acme approach == asking artists will always result in
big arguments. I for example hate the acme or Plan 9 color scheme, it
looks so 1980ish and to some extend I doubt that Rob or anyone else
asked a well recognised UI designer for the color scheme. Obviously I
didn't ask UI designers either, but I followed the MS scheme which did
some research in this area, at least in Windows 95 for sure.

Cheers,
Anselm