Re: [dev] [surf] Dependency on modifier keys

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:57:17 +0100

[2010-02-23 10:06] Sean Whitton <sean_AT_silentflame.com>

> [...] I am
> considering switching to surf. I tried modifying config.h to remove the
> need to hit a modifier (control by default) before every command: it
> seems to me to make more sense to just be able to scroll with j and k
> without having to hold down another key.
>
> But of course, as I quickly discovered, this doesn't work, as one then
> loses the ability to type j and k into text boxes, which is pretty dire.

I used surf for several weeks last year. I had the same problem, so I
hacked a mode interface like vi has. It is just a quick hack, it is
outdated, and I don't use it anymore, but maybe it helps.

See attached diff which is against:

changeset: 153:d841cfabc257
date: Wed Oct 21 15:52:36 2009 +0200

The patch also removes function calls that were not provided by my
older webkit version. I'm sure you can figure out what the relevant
parts are.

meillo