Re: [dev] [surf] Dependency on modifier keys

From: Sean Whitton <sean_AT_silentflame.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:19:10 +0000

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 01:57:17PM +0100, markus schnalke wrote:
> I used surf for several weeks last year. I had the same problem, so I
> hacked a mode interface like vi has. It is just a quick hack, it is
> outdated, and I don't use it anymore, but maybe it helps.

Thanks for that. I've cleaned up the patch to be sure it works with
0.3, and I've removed all the other things - anyone who is interested
will find it attached.

I think, though, that a better approach might be to have this mode
activated automatically when a textbox gets focus. If one goes to a
search engine whose scripts put your cursor straight in the search box
anyway, then it's stupid to have to press i first before you can type
something in it. I'll try to find the time to see how uzbl does it, as
has been suggested.

Sean Whitton / <sean_AT_silentflame.com>
OpenPGP KeyID: 0x3B6D411B
http://seanwhitton.com/