Re: [dev] [dmenu] vertical list bugs and patch

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 08:35:46 +0000

Hi,

thanks I applied your patch.

As a remark: The plan is to remove the cursor handling from dmenu
again, since it violates the single purpose idea of dmenu. Instead
there will be a dinput or sinput program that basically is nothing
else as a text field widget that prints the input to standard out.
With this one can achieve the current dmenu behavior like this

dmenu < $HOME/.dmenu/urls || dinput >> $HOME/.dmenu/urls

(if something isn't in the list, one presses ESC in dmenu and enters
the new entry using the popping up dinput)

Cheers,
Anselm