Re: [dev] [dwm] Setting up XIM/SCIM

From: Benito Cachinero <benito.cachinero_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:55:59 -0500

The solution was quite simple and not at all dwm related, of course.
I looked through the scim man page and realized that exporting the
GTK_IM_MODULE and QT_IM_MODULE lines applies only to subsequent programs
launched from that terminal session.

Because I had those things exported in my xinit along with the launching of
the terminal emulator, SCIM was only prepared to launch after opening a
subsequent terminal session from the first one (confusing). Since I stick
to one at a time (using screen), SCIM functionality was hidden to me. In
order to get it working from the first terminal instance, I had to export
those modules _before_ starting the X session, by placing them in my bash
profile (not bashrc).

Anyway, crisis averted. I'll have to look into uim when I have time.

Benito

--
Benito Cachinero
http://www.linkedin.com/in/benitocachinero