Re: [dev] [dwm] Issue with openoffice fullscreen presentation

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:27:55 +0000

On 11 March 2010 15:24, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl> wrote:
> 11 march 2010 12:33 Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us> napisaƂ(a):
>
>> On 11 March 2010 11:20, Alexander Surma <alexander.surma_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > Isn't OOo just java too?
>> > So you *might* get that fixxed with the grey-windows-in-java-workarounds:
>>
>> That would also explain why OO is so damn slow. But it's not Java,
>> it's rather a huge pile of crappy C++ code and a big surprise that it
>> works to some extend and that people who develop aren't doing suicide
>> or look for another job...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anselm
>>

> Yet, there are no sane alternatives, and some of us (e.g. me) must deal
> with doc, xls and ppt files. Enough to say it's the only GUI aplication I use
> besides web browser and pdfviewer.

I use MS Office for that kind of stuff. It sucks less than OO and I
usually have dual boot or some spare system that runs Windows+MS
Office. And people stopped complaining about broken documents all the
time like in the days when I used OO ;)

I know it's sad, but there is no alternative.

Cheers,
Anselm