[dev] [misc] How to disable scrolling in a vt100

From: QUINTIN Guillaume <coincoin169g_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:56:50 +0100

Hi all,

This is my problem, maybe one of you knows the answer.
When writing a char in the bottom right corner of the
terminal, it automatically scrolls down. And this I don't
want. So is there a way to disable scrolling in a vt100
using escape sequences ? Or simply tell the terminal
not to got to the next line when writing a char at the end
of a line ?

For the moment, this is what I do: I write the first to lines
and set the scrolling region to lines 1 to 2. Then I can write
the rest of my lines to the terminal. I have googled and only
found how to enable scrolling for the entire display (\033[r).
I also spent several hours in ncurses source code in the
hope of finding the answer but no result so far.

Have you any idea ?

Kind regards,
Guillaume Quintin.