Re: [dev] [surf] Search engine keyboard shortcut suggestion

From: Kalle Arvidsson <klaa379_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:16:54 +0100

Sorry, sent from wrong address! Maybe this appears twice.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 02:45:40PM -0400, Paul O'Leary McCann wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 01:53:17PM -0400, Brandon Ros wrote:
> > The configuration file would contain the URL to append the URL-encoded
> > terms to and a keyboard shortcut.
>
> There's a patch for that:
>
> http://surf.suckless.org/patches/searchengines
>
> I'd appreciate its incorporation in the mainline, though, as well as
> sourcing a file rather than having them compiled in. -POLM

Hi, this happens to be my first mail to this list.
I don't think this needs to be a part of the browser, why not use an
external program? Currently I'm using surfraw (it's an acronym!).

I access these search-engine-shortcuts, and also browser-history and bookmarks,
with dmenu and keybindings in dwm. I think this is more convenient,
because I don't need to start surf before using them
and I always get new windows. /Kalle