[dev] tabbed-list patch

From: Samuel Baldwin <recursive.forest_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:31:28 -0400

Included is a patch to add functionality to see a screen-like list of
windows from tabbed using dmenu to tabbed-0.2.

Currently it uses popen() to open a pipe to dmenu, which then sets an
xproperty, which on update switches to the window matching that title.
As you can imagine this is a little hackish and I'm not particularly
proud of this, but it works for the most part and I figured other
people may be willing to expand on the idea.

My idea for a cleaner version would involve hacking dmenu as well, so
I could pass both a unique window identifier and a display string,
then pass back two values to tabbed. This doesn't solve the
popen/xproperty problem, though. The "cleanest" way I can see would be
to embed dmenu in tabbed, but I wouldn't call doubling the program's
size desirable.

--
Samuel Baldwin - logik.li