Re: [dev] my suckless.org compatible ideas: vim like mapping for any tools, C scripts, vi clone

From: Marvin Vek <laen_AT_onedot.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 19:16:55 +0200

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 06:01:54PM +0200, mobi phil wrote:
> 3. I am looking for people who would be interested in writing a vim
> clone. I already called it viq (vi quick)

So traditional-vi, nvi, vim, elvis, vile, and busybox's vi aren't
enough? :)

> * Should be able to aggregate files in different ways during editing.
> For example given a source code file f1.c, you would have a
> f1.mycomments, that would contain refferences like
>
> f:function correct the parameter list
> l:123 remove comments when done

Allways comment your code where you need to. No one's gonna stop doing
that just for one editor. And code should be readable, which means you
wouldn't need a file full of comments. Read chapter 8 of the Kernel
Coding Style if you wish.

--
Marvin Vek
-